Published by stippitt on 1969/12/31 19:00:00. (6803 reads)
|Harvest exists to intentionally implement fresh and creative ways to|
reach our community with the message of Jesus Christ:
equipping people of all ages to partner with God’s church in carrying out
His divine plan to liberate people and add to His kingdom.
“Jesus said, ‘I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me.’"
|Harvest Church's Mission is to share the message of Jesus Christ in such a way that people|
experience the love of God becoming excited and ready to connect with the church in
going to the world with His message.
This includes four integral aspects of ministry: REACHING, EQUIPPING, PARTNERING, SENDING.
|GOD’S CHURCH EXISTS TO REACH THE WORLD|
The church’s primary purpose is to impact the world with Christ’s love.
It is the most effective vessel for mobilizing collective efforts to reach out to the community
with His powerful message of hope.
THE BIBLE IS GOD’S WISDOM FOR LIFE
God’s Word, the Holy Bible, is infallible and unchanging and is our absolute guidance for all areas of life. It is truth in its entirety. We are passionate about studying it, applying it, sharing it and being accountable to one another to live our lives according to it.
EVERY PERSON IS VALUABLE TO GOD
God treasures each person, from the youngest to the oldest, as His own creation.
He desires the best for us, so much so, that He was willing to send His own Son, Jesus, to die for us.
We treasure each person and are dedicated to providing spiritual growth experiences for all.
GOD CALLS US TO LOVE EVERYONE
God loves people.
We are to demonstrate His love for others just as He demonstrated His great love for us.
We strive to create a genuine, caring community through healthy relationships with God and others.
GOD IS WORTHY OF OUR VERY BEST
We pursue excellence in everything we do and, in this way, honor God.
He deserves the best we have to offer.
As we give and serve with excellence, others will be blessed and He will be glorified.
EVERY PERSON IS GIFTED TO SERVE
Every person, young and old, has God-given gifts and talents that can be used to serve Him.
God has uniquely designed each of us for a specific purpose in His Kingdom.
EFFECTIVE MINISTRY HAPPENS THROUGH TEAMS
Working together to accomplish what God is calling us to is His design for effective ministry.
It binds us together and brings glory to Him as we fulfill His purposes alongside one another.
|Statement of Faith|
- There is ONE LIVING AND TRUE GOD, eternally existing in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory. This triune God created all, upholds all and governs all.
- THE FATHER is an infinite personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of His people; He hears and answers prayer; and He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- JESUS CHRIST is God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings, His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven, perpetual intercession for His people (I John 2:1-2) and personal, visible return to Earth.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT came forth from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower for ministry all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ and that He is an abiding helper, teacher and guide. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and the exercise of all Biblical gifts of the Spirit.
- The Scriptures of THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT ARE THE WORD OF GOD, fully inspired, and the infallible rule for faith and practice.
SIN AND SALVATION
- We believe all PEOPLE ARE SINNERS by nature and by choice and are, therefore, under condemnation, but that God regenerates by the Holy Spirit those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord; and that Jesus Christ baptizes the believer with the Holy Spirit and empowers them for service.
BAPTISM AND COMMUNION
- The Lord Jesus Christ committed two ordinances to the church: BAPTISM AND THE LORD’S SUPPER. We believe in baptism by immersion and communion open to all believers.
LAYING ON OF HANDS
- The LAYING ON OF HANDS is for the empowering of the Holy Spirit, for receiving gifts of the Spirit, for healing, and for recognition and commissioning of those whom God has ordained to lead and serve in the church.
- The UNIVERSAL CHURCH is the living spiritual body of which Christ is the head
and all regenerated persons are members.